Established in 2007, CDC Data Centres is Australia’s leading operator of sovereign, secure, world-class data centre facilities.
Headquartered in Canberra with multiple facilities in the ACT, NSW and New Zealand, CDC’s diversified operations provide secure data centre configurations that support co-location, containerised and hyperscale compute environments with all campuses interconnected with high-speed carrier grade networks.
At CDC we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. Our mission is to attract, retain and grow the world’s best data centre team.
Our people are responsive, innovative and trusted in supporting our customers. Together, we configure the landscape to meet the security, reliability, connectivity and sustainability needs for today and tomorrow.
About the Role:
This role contributes to the finance team’s objectives of providing financial management and analysis to support the operation of CDC Data Centres. You will be involved in preparation, reconciliation, and analysis of financial data with opportunities to grow with the business. You will deliver value through timely provision of accurate and relevant information and analysis, thereby supporting CDC’s decision making. You will be involved in preventing value erosion by creating and continually improving a strong control environment and ensuring CDC’s compliance.
Key responsibilities include:
Billings and Recoveries
- Responsible for coordinating with the sales team and Commercial Accountant, all changes to clients lease administration, in the finance system, including flowing these changes through to the monthly billing process.
- Work with the Commercial Accountant to ensure monthly billings for all income items are complete and accurate and processed on time.
- Ensure the billings control processes are maintained, ensuring that revenues are within budget expectations and in line with contracts.
- Preparation of recoveries and ad hoc billings as required.
- Assist the sales team with customer on boarding and ensuring all information is complete and accurate in the finance system.
Accounts Receivable and Arrears
- Maintain Accounts Receivable – ensuring all customer invoices are appropriately and completely recorded and payments reconciled.
- Reconciling to customer accounts as required with a high level of attention to detail to ensure the ongoing integrity of the underlying accounting data.
- Assist with all customer invoicing queries and resolve or provide additional information. Working with the business managers to collect outstanding arrears.
Month end, general ledger and reconciliations
- Reconciling all the group bank accounts on a daily basis and promptly resolving any reconciling items.
- Contribute to the month end processes by completing relevant reconciliations and analysis for Balance Sheet and P&L accounts as required.
- Assist in providing analyse and responses to internal and external stakeholders
Business and Board Reporting
- Assist the Commercial Accountant and FP&A Manager to develop budgets, forecasts, KPI’s for the business.
- Help in preparing business unit P&L’s and reporting compared to budget in conjunction with meeting monthly with BU leaders to assist their decision making.
- Analyse movements in revenue and accrued income as part of the month end process and providing insightful commentary that can be included in the Board Reporting.
- Assist in drafting the revenue and tenancy sections of the monthly Board pack including preparing analytical commentary, detailing trends, and providing insights.
- Highly motivated with a proven record of successful achievement.
- High level of organisational and planning skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to deliver high quality outcomes that are accurate, complete, and timely.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Working towards or intending to complete full qualification from an internationally recognized Accounting body.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Willingness to learn and take on new opportunities as they arise.
Australian citizenship and ability to obtain an NV1 Security Clearance
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing Australian technology company and be part of our amazing team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org