Established in 2007, CDC Data Centres is Australia’s leading operator of sovereign, secure, world-class data centre facilities.
Headquartered in Canberra with multiple facilities in the ACT, NSW and New Zealand, CDC’s diversified operations provide secure data centre configurations that support co-location, containerised and hyperscale compute environments with all campuses interconnected with high-speed carrier grade networks.
At CDC we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. Our mission is to attract, retain and grow the world’s best data centre team.
Our people are responsive, innovative and trusted in supporting our customers. Together, we configure the landscape to meet the security, reliability, connectivity and sustainability needs for today and tomorrow.
About the Role:
The Financial Accountant is a key role in the financial control of the business and drives the month end activities and business unit reporting processes; they are responsible for preparation of a range of financial, accounting and tax compliance activities and processes for the CDC Group. The role involves preparation, reconciliation and analysis of accounting records, business reporting to the CDC Board and business stakeholders. The role delivers value through the timely provision of accurate and relevant information and analysis, thereby supporting CDC’s decision making.
Other responsibilities include:
Business unit reporting
- Responsible for drafting the monthly business unit reports including preparing analytical commentary, detailing trends, and providing insights then answering queries.
- Attend the monthly meetings with the business unit owners and provide insight into the drivers of their business.
- Implementing improvements that enhance and streamline the pack delivery and the information within it.
- Working closely with areas of the business as the designated business partner to ensure that finance is a key consideration in all areas of their business.
- Provide monthly reporting of results to the business including comparisons to budgets and forecasts, whilst also providing key analysis to support the business.
Audits, Tax, Risk reporting and Compliance.
- Coordinate and respond to queries from auditors on the half year and annual external audit process with KPMG, in compliance with Shareholder requirements.
- Prepare documents for CDC’s Audit and Risk Committee ’ARC’ including identification of key accounting issues across the group and the position taken to identify and resolve these issues.
- Ensuring that the Group remains compliant with its tax, reporting and payment requirements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Preparing and filing BAS returns, payroll tax, income tax, and FBT.
- Ensure all new fixed assets are correctly entered in the Tax fixed asset register and consideration given to applicable tax capital allowances.
- Prepare Financial Statements ready for Board and auditor approval.
General ledger maintenance and month-end accounting.
- Maintain the General Ledger, codes, and structure within finance system, prepare and post General Journals.
- Manage the ledgers from source documents right the way up to consolidated Financial Statements.
- Lead the month end timetable and processes including the monthly reconciliation of all entities balance sheets.
- Analysing movements in Balance Sheet and P&L accounts.
- Contribute to continual improvement projects, including how CDC use systems to be as efficient as possible.
Asset system and GL balances
- Maintain the separate asset system to ensure all CAPEX is correctly captured, categorized, and entered the asset management system with accurate depreciation calculations that is reconciled to the General Ledger at least once a month.
- Ensure the monthly CAPEX reporting is accurate on a Tax and Accounting basis and ensure reporting is complete and efficient.
- Act as a backup for other team members and complete bank reconciliations when team members are on leave.
- Prepare weekly payment runs for supplier opex payments
- Assist in the oversight of the collections process including chasing overdue debts for collection weekly.
- Set up weekly opex payment batches in the bank
Billings of rentals & recoveries
- Oversee the Billing Process including ensuring the monthly income in advance billings are made on the 1st of the month and that the invoices are complete and accurate.
- Ensure all new customers, customer change orders or other customer modifications are completed and set up in the system in a timely manner. Including providing assistance to resolve issues.
- Review the billings control process, including sense checking actual rent rolls are consistent with budget expectations and in line with contracts and prior months.
- Identify efficiencies that can be achieved through automating various functions and processes in the billing cycle.
- Work with the Assistant Accountant to follow up customer invoicing queries and resolve or provide additional information.
- Highly motivated with a proven record of successful achievement. This includes the ability to achieve specific goals, objectives, and deadlines within the limits of the resources available.
- Demonstrated ability of working in a small-medium team working to clear deadlines and under pressure.
- High level of organisational and planning skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to deliver high quality outcomes that are accurate, complete, and timely.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Interest in technology, systems, and efficient processes.
- Ability to gain respect throughout the organisation.
- Willingness to add value and seek to speak up and improve the business processes.
- 4 days possible for the right candidate.
Australian citizenship and ability to obtain an NV1 Security Clearance
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing Australian technology company and be part of our amazing team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com