Established in 2007, CDC Data Centres is Australia’s leading operator of sovereign, secure, world-class data centre facilities.
Headquartered in Canberra with multiple facilities in the ACT, NSW and New Zealand, CDC’s diversified operations provide secure data centre configurations that support co-location, containerised and hyperscale compute environments with all campuses interconnected with high-speed carrier grade networks.
At CDC we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. Our mission is to attract, retain and grow the world’s best data centre team.
Our people are responsive, innovative and trusted in supporting our customers. Together, we configure the landscape to meet the security, reliability, connectivity and sustainability needs for today and tomorrow.
About the Role:
CDC Data Centre is currently seeking an experienced and hands on HSE Advisor to join our team to provide advice and support on all matters relating to Health, Safety, and Environment across our Data Centre campuses in Canberra. Reporting to the HSE Manager you will develop and provide high quality, innovative and customer focused HSE solutions, systems, and advice. You take pride and ownership in ensuring compliance internally and customer HSE standards are met.
Other responsibilities include:
- Proactively driving the implementation and continual improvement of our Health, Safety and Environmental culture, strategy, plan and performance
- Coaching and mentoring employees and external vendors to engage in behavioural based safety activities and perform/record incident investigations
- Supporting the business to manage and maintain the HSE risk profile, risk assessment and risk management process
- Exhibiting strong proactive leadership and commitment to HSE throughout the business
- Participate in site meetings/inspections and planning activities which involve HSE and related matters including initiatives involving continuous improvement and sustainable solutions
- Conducting workplace assessments and identifying potential hazards
- Determining and implementing ways of reducing risks
- Support environment, health, and safety policies/strategies
- Compiling and validating HSE reports against key metrics
- Assisting in pre-qualification and compliance processes
- Creating and delivering education and training broach group of stakeholders
- Delivering presentations and contributing to bids and requests for tender
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Managing the development, maintenance, revision of policies and procedures for the Management Systems such as MOP’s SOPS’, EOP’s and their related activities to ensure they continue to be relevant and provide effective management.
- Assisting with internal and external audits to ensure compliance with the HSE Safety Management System and relevant legislation
- At least 3+ years in a HSE Senior/Advisor with a strong background in understanding mission-critical operations, having preferably worked either in:
- Data Centres, Hospitals and other 24/7 operational critical infrastructure facilities
- large civil or infrastructure construction projects from design & planning through to building and handover.
- Previous experience conducting thorough HSE workplace investigations and risk management
- Experience managing business critical HSE incidents and providing necessary escalations, mitigations and reporting
- A strong commitment to HSE and a pragmatic approach to safety
- Strong communication skills across all levels of the business
- A thorough understanding of legislative acts, regulations and codes of practice that would be relied upon from CDC employees.
- Takes a structure approach to working but adaptable to unplanned changes and situations within the workplace.
Australian citizenship and ability to obtain an NV1 Security Clearance
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing Australian technology company and be part of our amazing team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com