Established in 2007, CDC Data Centres is Australia’s leading operator of sovereign, secure, world-class data centre facilities.
Headquartered in Canberra with multiple facilities in the ACT, NSW and New Zealand, CDC’s diversified operations provide secure data centre configurations that support co-location, containerised and hyperscale compute environments with all campuses interconnected with high-speed carrier grade networks.
At CDC we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. Our mission is to attract, retain and grow the world’s best data centre team.
Our people are responsive, innovative and trusted in supporting our customers. Together, we configure the landscape to meet the security, reliability, connectivity and sustainability needs for today and tomorrow.
About the Role:
In this role, you will lead a team of qualified technical staff responsible for the daily management, scheduling and supervision of all critical services and systems covering Electrical, Mechanical and Fire. The Technical Services Manager will be responsible for the teams execution of maintenance, change and critical response within the facilities. The role will enforce that all processes, procedures and safety standards are followed and accurately reported throughout critical events or at the completion of routine / planned activities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Manage Data Centre critical infrastructure on a daily and on-going basis
- Mentor and impart knowledge to other staff
- Ensure day to day interaction with Service Providers and Maintainers is managed
- Manage any risk associated with the Data Centres up-time through its various equipment
- Management of maintenance contracts on behalf of CDC including programmed maintenance of all critical equipment
- Liaising and contract management of Service Providers
- Contributes to the creation and management of site expense budget and delivery to those budgets
- Contribute to the broader CDC team financial and operational objectives such that the business achieves the corporate goals set each year as well as the group’s long-term goals.
- Overseeing the day-to-day allocation of maintenance activities covering mechanical, electrical and fire equipment within the facilities. Ensure the administration of all activities are proactively undertaken at the time maintenance is performed.
- Management of site critical infrastructure to ensure continuity of services with no disruption to client’s or standard business operations.
- Providing escalation technical support for complex technical issues which may include leading problem management cases and providing management status
- Experience as the primary contact for all high severity facilities issues that have the potential to impact critical infrastructure.
- Ensuring all safety procedures are adhered to and completed in accordance with relevant standards and regulated compliances.
- Ability to speak confidently and communicate clearly with senior management, clients, contractors and suppliers.
- Lead the optimisation strategies for site critical infrastructure.
- Extensive experience or qualifications Facilities Management or related Data Centre Operational Certifications with strong people leadership skills
- Trade or Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Electrical – Mechanical – Mechatronics)
- Experience in Supervision or Coordination of staff, contractors and suppliers qualified to operate or maintain critical infrastructure and prioritising staff workload.
- Demonstrated financial experience in administrating OPEX budgets
- Experience in critical infrastructure environments and adhering to strict procedures and policies.
- Experience in training and mentoring staff operating critical infrastructure.
- Experience operating Building Management Systems (BMS) or Energy Management Systems (EMS)
- Exposure to data centre equipment – CRAC units, UPS, generators etc.
- Extensive experience in operating critical infrastructure in accordance with regulated standards and safety procedures
- First Aid Qualification including extensive knowledge of Electrical First Aid
Australian citizenship and ability to obtain an NV1 Security Clearance
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing Australian technology company and be part of our amazing team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org