Established in 2007, CDC Data Centres is Australia’s leading operator of sovereign, secure, world-class data centre facilities.
Headquartered in Canberra with multiple facilities in the ACT, NSW and New Zealand, CDC’s diversified operations provide secure data centre configurations that support co-location, containerised and hyperscale compute environments with all campuses interconnected with high-speed carrier grade networks.
At CDC we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. Our mission is to attract, retain and grow the world’s best data centre team.
Our people are responsive, innovative and trusted in supporting our customers. Together, we configure the landscape to meet the security, reliability, connectivity and sustainability needs for today and tomorrow.
About the Role:
The Lease Administrator is a key role in the business responsible for overseeing the business revenue function, assisting in the financial onboarding of new customers and revenue and contract related reporting to the internal business stakeholders.
In this role, you will be involved in engaging with all key stakeholders within the business to ensure we are always putting our customers’ needs at the front of everything we do. You will deliver value through timely and correct oversight of all revenue to customers, including collection of these invoices, and liaising with CDC’s customer team and customers to ensure all customer queries are appropriately answered and addressed.
Other responsibilities include:
Revenue Management – Work with the Group Financial Controller and Financial Accountant to oversee all revenue related activities within the business, including:
- Conducting monthly stock takes with Facilities Managers.
- Ownership of the business tenancy schedule and control of all inputs including rental increases, change orders or rent-free amounts.
- Key Finance business contact for all revenue related queries from internal client account managers and external clients.
- Implementing improvements that enhance and streamline the billing processes.
- Preparation of revenue related reporting; monthly budget/forecast/movement analysis, upcoming lease events, new contract analysis etc
- Analysing movements in revenue and accrued income as part of the month end process and providing insightful commentary that can be included in the Board Reporting.
- Ad hoc reporting as required from time to time.
Billings process for rentals & recoveries.
- Be responsible for ensuring monthly billings are made on the 1st of the month and that the invoices are complete and accurate.
- Work with the Group Financial Controller and Financial Accountant to ensure the billings control process is run, sense checking actual rent rolls are complete, consistent with budget expectations and in line with contracts.
- Automating and managing the monthly recovery of electricity from clients.
- Assist in the management and billing of Managed Services.
- Maintain CDC’s aged receivables ledger and coordinate the chasing of overdue debts.
General Ledger Maintenance and Month-end Accounting.
- Working with the Financial Accountant to maintain the revenue aspects of the general ledger including key reconciliations of revenue streams for Pod Rental, Datacentre Management, Connectivity, Managed Services and Electricity recharges to clients.
- Working with the Financial Accountant on business revenue accruals and pushing these amounts to the business to ensure the accruals materialise into invoiced amounts.
- Maintain the group’s managed services accrued revenue process, including working with Project Managers to understand all jobs, the job status, process to complete and maintain the designated profit margin on all jobs.
- Provide a monthly reporting pack supporting all revenue related balances and commentary to assist the Financial Accountant and Group Financial Controller in their preparation of the compiled month end reporting pack.
- Assist in continual improvement projects around systems as CDC implements upgrades to existing Financial Reporting Systems.
- At least 8 to 10 years relevant experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability of working in a small-medium team working to clear deadlines and under pressure.
- High level of organisational and planning skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
- Highly motivated with a proven record of successful achievement. This includes the ability to achieve specific goals, objectives, and deadlines within the limits of the resources available.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver high quality outcomes that are accurate, complete, and timely.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Interest in technology, systems, and efficient processes.
Australian citizenship and ability to obtain an NV1 Security Clearance
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing Australian technology company and be part of our amazing team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com