Established in 2007, CDC Data Centres is Australia’s leading operator of sovereign, secure, world-class data centre facilities.
Headquartered in Canberra with multiple facilities in the ACT, NSW and New Zealand, CDC’s diversified operations provide secure data centre configurations that support co-location, containerised and hyperscale compute environments with all campuses interconnected with high-speed carrier grade networks.
At CDC we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. Our mission is to attract, retain and grow the world’s best data centre team.
Our people are responsive, innovative and trusted in supporting our customers. Together, we configure the landscape to meet the security, reliability, connectivity and sustainability needs for today and tomorrow.
About the Role:
This role is accountable for the design and development of architectural documentation from concept to construction stage across several Data Centre projects within set schedules and timeframes. The position will support our inhouse design team and external design consultants in concept design, design development, tender and construction documentation of data centre developments across Australia.
Other responsibilities include:
- Perform as Project Lead Architect directing internal and external design teams on major projects.
- Development & management of architectural documentation packages through master planning, concept design, design development, tender and construction documentation, collaborating with in house engineers and planning development manager.
- Review and interrogate internal design and external consultant drawings.
- Direct internal revit modelling team to develop complying architectural layouts.
- Co-ordinate and consult with external consultants throughout all stages of project delivery.
- Attend site meetings, reporting to project managers and internal stakeholders.
- Management of Council approvals and relevant Building Codes to ensure building compliances and government regulations are met.
- Self-management of documentation quality control and ensuring projects adhere to project delivery systems.
- Conduct professional relationships with internal and external design teams.
- Delivery of accurate architectural packages from concept design to construction.
- Input into Due Diligence, Development Application and master planning as required.
- Provide cultural and operational team leadership.
- Mentor and impart knowledge to junior staff.
- Act in an ambassadorial capacity for the company.
- Lead, attend and contribute to appropriate team and stakeholder meetings and committees as required and relevant to ensure excellent stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Embrace and model CDC’s DNA and Leadership Fundamentals.
- Other duties as directed from time to time.
- Tertiary qualification in Architecture
- 7+ years post graduate experience in the local industry. 4+ years in data centre design and developments is essential.
- Experience in large scale industrial / commercial developments over $100m.
- Experience in small to medium scale office fit-out and interior design.
- Excellent Microsoft Office and Revit skills, with BIM 360 experience.
- Understand services design co-ordination and industrial construction methodologies.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience applying the requirements of the BCA/NCC and other relevant standards applicable to the built environment
- Ability to write architectural briefs for external consultants, clearly communicating the design parameters in written form.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Enthusiasm to develop and learn new skills and understand new design requirements.
- Creative thinker with an innovative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively, autonomously and in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours and adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
Australian citizenship and ability to obtain an NV1 Security Clearance
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing Australian technology company and be part of our amazing team, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org