Established in 2007, CDC Data Centres is Australia’s leading operator of sovereign, secure, world-class data centre facilities.
Headquartered in Canberra with multiple facilities in the ACT, NSW and New Zealand, CDC’s diversified operations provide secure data centre configurations that support co-location, containerised and hyperscale compute environments with all campuses interconnected with high-speed carrier grade networks.
At CDC we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. Our mission is to attract, retain and grow the world’s best data centre team.
Our people are responsive, innovative and trusted in supporting our customers. Together, we configure the landscape to meet the security, reliability, connectivity and sustainability needs for today and tomorrow.
About the Role:
The Services Manager is responsible for managing allocated projects to support high quality outcomes that comply with the requirements of the Program Management Office (PMO). The role provides high level support to project teams in the initiation, planning and delivery of projects tracking and reporting on the outputs and outcomes. The role is singular point of contact for customer request and requirements and will peer with technical, non-technical internal stakeholders to achieve quality, assurance, and financial success. This role requires excellent time management, problem-solving, and stakeholders’ management skills to successfully balance client needs, contractors’ schedules, and industry regulations needed to successfully execute projects.
Other responsibilities include:
- Managing data centre services projects, implementation of critical infrastructure and technical services
- Planning, change management, customer coordination, internal stakeholder management across all aspect of project
- Establish project meeting cadence with all stakeholders (internal and external) related to the project
- Develop high level design concepts
- Develop budget for client’s fit-out activities
- Provide support to project accountants and internal finance team on controlling the cost
- Managing risks and issues and mitigating corrective actions
- Managing and utilizing internal and external resources across projects.
- Managing stakeholders’ communication, for both Internal staff and external contractors
- Aligning the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s “outcome”.
- Co-ordination of procurement process and managing large & complex production lead times
- Adhere to the PMO’s standards / tools and reporting requirements
- Oversee the development and implementation of a project commissioning plan.
- Oversee the functional testing and commissioning of all aspects of the facility operation and services in accordance with mandatory legal and business requirements.
- Develop commissioning project status reports for construction management teams, internal CDC stakeholders and clients.
- Obtain from the project consultants and contractors a list of omissions and defects in the new facility and establish a process for addressing these as required.
- Ensure all required statutory and other licences for the occupation and use of the new facility are obtained.
- Ensure that all plans (including as built) and documentation for the ongoing maintenance and support of the data centre are handed over to Systems & Infrastructure
- Receive and action where necessary copies of test reports and certificates
- Demonstrable successful track record of delivering commercial scale electrical, communications and technology projects with complex supply chains and varied skill sets with a minimum of 5 years of experience in project management
- Electrical or HVAC qualification or extensive experience planning, managing and commissioning projects involving electrical, power generation fire and HVAC services.
- The role requires a commercially focussed negotiator who is self-aware and can show excellent communication skills whilst demonstrating proficiency in key project controls and financials, reporting, impressive client management abilities and contractor supervision skills.
- An innovative and adaptable work style that can work through conflicting priorities in complex environments and deliver tough goals whilst building long term relationships.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding in managing projects in a one team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills combined with robust, commercial acumen.
- Advanced Microsoft office and Microsoft project skills, experience using Aconex and Project Management tool suites
Australian citizenship and ability to obtain an NV1 Security Clearance
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing Australian technology company and be part of our amazing team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com